Terms & Conditions
- “Client” means any individual, firm or body corporate which makes a booking with MELON § “Event” means the event or events the subject of the booking agreement form.
- “Minimum Spend” means the fee payable by the Client to MELON for the Event as stated above.
- “Minimum Numbers” means the number of people to attend the Event as set out at clause 6. If the Event is organised by reference to such Minimum Numbers then the Minimum Spend will be calculated by multiplying the Minimum Number by the amount agreed to be spent per each number.
- “MELON” means Memorable Events London Ltd (Co. No. 5775724), registered at 1A, 51 Nevern Square SW5 9PF.
- All prices quoted are exclusive of Value Added Tax, currently at a rate of 20%.
- The contents and descriptions contained within this proposal are for estimate purposes and may be subject to change.
- All quotations made and bookings accepted are made subject to the following terms and conditions and no addition to or variation of, such terms and conditions, shall be binding unless agreed by MELON in writing. For removal of any doubt, the placing of a booking with MELON shall constitute unqualified acceptance of such terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions of the booking
- Bookings are only secured on receipt of a signed booking agreement and payment of the deposit referred to in condition 2 below.
- A non refundable deposit equal to 30% of the Minimum Spend shall be paid by the Client to MELON upon signature of the booking agreement.
- The remainder of the Minimum Spend shall be paid as follows, time being of the essence:
- A further payment of 50% is due 3 months prior to the Event
- A final pre payment of 20% is due 1 month prior to the Event
- In no circumstances will the deposit be refunded.
- MELON reserves the right to cancel or suspend the provision of the agreed facilities and services if:
- the payment dates are not adhered to.
- the client, being a company, has had a winding up petition presented against it, has entered into administration, receivership, liquidation or an arrangement with its creditors.
- the client, being an individual, has had a bankruptcy petition against it, has become bankrupt, insolvent or entered into an arrangement with its creditors.
- the venue or any other key element of the Event is cancelled by the provider of the venue for the Event or another main supplier for the Event for any reason, not including default of MELON.
- At the date of the signature of the booking agreement, Minimum Numbers to attend the Event will be agreed between MELON and the Client; no refund or allowance will be made by MELON if fewer persons than agreed attend the Event.
- MELON can accept no responsibility for any injury to Clients and their guests sustained whilst attending the Event.
- MELON does not accept responsibility of the loss or damage of personal property belonging to Clients and their guests.
- Should the client cancel the Event at any stage between 1 to 3 months prior to the Event, the Client shall be liable for 75% of the Minimum Spend. Should the Client cancel the Event within 1 month prior to the date of the Event, the client shall be liable for the full cost of the Event, unless otherwise agreed by MELON in writing.
- The Client may only increase the Minimum Spend or Minimum numbers with the express written consent of MELON and conditional upon the immediate payment to MELON of the increase in the Minimum Spend (including an increase in Minimum Spend resulting from an increase in Minimum Numbers).
- The Client shall be liable for any costs incurred in repairing any damage to the premises or contents provided for at the Event, including glass or furniture breakages, caused by the Client or its employees or guests.
- MELON has full public liability insurance; however personal accident insurance is not included. Clients requiring this cover should contact their own insurers well in advance.
- The Client shall keep in strict confidence all commercial know-how, which is disclosed to the Client by MELON or its agents or subcontractors and any other confidential information concerning MELON’s business, which the Client may obtain.
- All materials, drawings, specifications, data or otherwise supplied by MELON to the Client shall at all times be and remain the exclusive property of MELON and shall be held by the Client in safe custody and in good condition and shall be returned to MELON on its request.
- Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the provision of the facilities detailed, MELON cannot be held responsible for shortcomings or conditions, which may affect the Event and are outside their control. E.g. weather, acts of terrorism, fire, etc.
- MELON and its subcontractors cannot be responsible for any non-fulfilment of this contract by either party, but please be assured that this engagement has been taken in good faith and every reasonable safeguard will be applied.
- No provision of these terms and conditions or of the booking agreement are enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 by any party other than MELON or the Client.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- PLEASE NOTE, ALL OF OUR PACKAGES ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
- In addition to the packages listed, we can also tailor events to your specific needs.
- Just fill in this form for more details.
- All prices exclude VAT at current rate.